Hereinafter, the term "Site" means the website found at www.pb-santander.com or any application (app) managed by Banco Santander International (USA) and Banco Santander International SA (Switzerland) and their branches and representative offices (the “Joint Controllers”).
This Site is managed by the following entities as co-controllers or joint controllers:
- Banco Santander International headquartered in Miami (USA). Postal address: 1401 Brickell Avenue, Suite 1500, Miami, FL 33131- USA
- Banco Santander International SA headquartered in Geneva (Switzerland). Postal address: 5-7, rue Ami-Lévrier – Case Postale 1256, 1211 Geneva, Switzerland.
How do we track your use of the Site?
Our website is divided into a “public” section, available to general public and a password-protected “private” section that is only available to private banking customers.
Public Website: We track how you use the public portion of the website through small text files stored on your device (commonly referred to as “cookies”).
Private Website: We track how you use the private portion of the website through other technologies that do not require that files to be stored on your device (commonly referred to as “cookie-less tracking”).
NOTE: Unlike the public portion of the website, you will not be permitted to accept or reject the use of cookie-less tracking technologies that we use on the private portion of the website.
What are Cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are placed on a user’s computer, smartphone or other device that browses the internet with the purpose to store information and retrieve stored information.
Cookies can be installed either directly by the websites visited or by third parties with which the website is related and allow the latter to know their activity on the same site or on others with which it is related. For example, cookies can tell the owner of the website the location from which you accessed the website, the connection time, the device from which you accessed the website (fixed or mobile), the operating system and browser used, the most visited pages, the number of clicks made on the website and data regarding behavior of the user on the Internet.
Users can find information about how the Joint Controllers processes their data by contacting the Data Protection Officer/Privacy Office at:
firstname.lastname@example.org for Banco Santander International (USA)
email@example.com for Banco Santander International SA (Switzerland and Bahamas)
Public Website: The public portion of the website contains strictly necessary cookies and analytic cookies.
Cookies allow us to recognize users (where appropriate), tailor the content on our website to fit the needs of our website's visitors and helps us improve the user experience. Without certain types of cookies enabled, we cannot guarantee that the website and your experience of it are as we intended it to be.
The use of technical cookies is necessary for the functioning of the public area of the Site and, therefore, cannot be deactivated.
Private Website: In the private area of this Site, we use strictly necessary cookies only.
Rather than using analytic cookies, the private area of the website uses other analytical technologies to measure the activity of the audience on the Site or your language preferences. This activity measurement is performed in an anonymized way and never tracked through other external sites. This tracking technology is considered “cookie-less” as no file is embedded on your device. As mentioned above, you will not be permitted to accept or reject the use of cookie-less tracking technologies that we use on the private portion of the website.
Types of cookies
The user who browses the Site may find cookies embedded directly by the owner of the site or cookies embedded by third parties. Below is an explanation of the types of cookies that may be installed on the user's device:
Depending on the managing entity:
- Own cookies: These are installed on the user's device by a computer or domain managed by the Site's owner, and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
According to the period of time that they remain active:
- Session cookies are temporary cookies which only exist during the time you use the website (or more strictly, until you close the browser after using the website). Session cookies help our website remember what you chose on the previous page, avoiding the need to re-enter information and improve your experience whilst using the website.
- Persistent cookies stay on your device after you’ve visited our website. They may be accessed and processed during a period of time defined by the owner of the cookie, which could be a few minutes or several years.
According to their purpose:
Below is an explanation of the categories of cookies that may be installed on the user's device according to their purpose. Such cookies may be installed by the owner of the site or by third parties.
- Technical cookies (strictly necessary): These cookies allow the user to browse the Site and use the different options or services available, including those features permitting the proper Site management, operation, functions, and services. This includes, but is not limited to, controlling data traffic and communication, identifying the session, accessing restricted access areas, remembering user preferences, counting visits for the purposes of invoicing the software licenses used by the Site, using security elements during browsing, storing content for the dissemination of videos or sound or enabling dynamic content (for example, animation for loading a text or image).
In addition to the above, cookies that relate to the management of the design or layout of the Site, application or platform—based on the criteria such as the browser used—also belonging in this category due to their technical nature and provided that they are not used for other non-exempt purposes. These do not gather information on the users for any other purposes.
As mentioned above, the use of technical cookies is necessary for the functioning of the public area of the Site and, therefore, cannot be deactivated.
Own technical cookies
Session, A few seconds
- Analytical Cookies: These cookies, either our own or those of third parties, are used to obtain information on the performance of the Site and the use made of it by the user, such as, for example, quantifying the number of users who have visited the Site, measuring and analyzing statistics on how users arrive at the Site and what use they make of it. The information managed does not allow to identify the user.
Third-party analytical cookies
Among the analytical cookies used on this website are the GOOGLE ANALYTICS cookies. GOOGLE ANALYTICS is a web analysis service provided by Google Ireland.
If you consent to the installation of web analytics or performance cookies on your device, please note that GOOGLE ANALYTICS cookies will be installed. The installation of these cookies may involve Google Ireland international transfers of your data to the United States, which could mean, in very isolated and specific cases, access to your data by the authorities of this country in the development of investigations tasks and national security. However, within our compliance standards in terms of privacy, we inform you that we have signed the Google Ads Data Processing Terms. In addition to that, Google Ireland and their subcontracted companies in the United States have subscribed to the Standard Contractual Clauses approved by the European Commission on June 4, 2021, as a guarantee mechanism recognized by the GDPR with the aim of preserving the security of the data that may be the object of an international transfer, as well as the adoption of additional own measures aimed to protect the confidentiality and integrity of personal data.
Except for technical and strictly necessary cookies that do not require consent, the Joint Controllers will only insert cookies on the user's device with the prior informed consent of the user. Consent can be granted by clicking on the "Accept All Cookies" button or by configuring your cookie preferences through the “Cookie Settings” panel. As mentioned above, you will not be permitted to accept or reject the use of cookie-less tracking technologies used on the private portion of the website.
How to manage your cookies’ settings
In the Site
The Site’s own cookies can be edited in the bottom left menu. They can be accepted or rejected.
The cookies settings can be edited at any time in the Cookies Settings
In the browser
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set, visit www.aboutcookies.org
Find out how to manage cookies on popular browsers:
Tracking technologies in our emails
As well as the cookies we use on our website, we use web beacons and link tracking in emails. Using both technologies means we can try to improve the emails we send you.
Web beacons help us understand whether you’ve opened an email, what time and date that was, how often you re-open it, what sort of device and software you used and your IP address.
Link tracking helps us understand who has clicked through from an email to visit our website. We use a unique link in each email, so when you click on one of these links you are first redirected to our mailing company server, which logs the click, before arriving at the relevant page on our website.
Don’t want tracking technologies in email?
If you don’t want to accept tracking technologies you can choose to:
- Not open any of our emails
- Avoid clicking any links if you’ve opened an email, or
- Set your browser security settings to block all cookies.
Update to the Cookies Policy
This Cookies Policy may change over time, depending on the cookies used. In case that new types of cookies are included for which informed consent is required, the Joint Controllers will duly inform the user and obtain the due consent.
Questions; Revocation of Consents
If the user has any questions concerning this Cookies Policy, or wishes to revoke the consent originally granted, he/she may write an e-mail stating “Cookies Policy” in the subject field to the following e-mail addresses:
firstname.lastname@example.org for Banco Santander International (USA).
email@example.com for Banco Santander International SA (Switzerland and Bahamas)